BUFFALO, N.Y. -- A young Buffalo boy is recovering after having his hand impaled Sunday by a garden hoe.
Buffalo Fire officials say the boy was playing in an upstairs bedroom at a house on Walnut Street when he fell on the hoe and it went through his hand.
Crews had to cut the handle off the tool to get the boy in the ambulance.
They say he'll be fine, but remind parents to take precautions and not keep sharp tools inside homes.
The boy was taken to ECMC, where he's expected to make a full recovery.